We are currently accepting applications for a graphic designer. Remote work from your home office and flexible hours. We are a growing company looking for exceptional people to grow with us. If you are interested, read below to see if we are a good fit for you.
We actively review each application in the order they are received, if you’re interested please apply right away. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis as qualified candidates apply. We look forward to learning more about you and what you can bring to our team! The position will remain open until it is filled.
Who are you?
- You believe that education, the arts, learning, teaching, and kids are our future and worth investing in.
- You have experience in graphic design, preferably apparel (t-shirt) design.
- You’re dedicated, motivated, and loyal. You enjoy going above and beyond in what you do. You are excited to contribute to the team and help our customers.
- You’re open-minded, charismatic, and view both positive and negative experiences and feedback, as opportunities to grow.
- You enjoy connecting with people and learning more about their passions and what drives them. You are excited to help the them, their organizations, and the groups they belong to be as successful as they possibly can be.
- You’re a team player who cares about being successful way more than you care about getting credit.
- You like to work hard and want to contribute to something and build something bigger than yourself.
- You’re an active communicator and never need to be prompted to participate and lean-in with your teammates and customers. You love texting and calling people and are very comfortable engaging with teammates and customers via phone calls, text messages, email, and meetings held online.
- You’re a joy to work with.
Here’s why you’ll love this job:
- The work you do helps kids and the people who help kids.
- You get to work remotely from your home office. There is no commute, no traffic, no gas, and no car upkeep to pay for.
- You get to work with awesome people in a small company who want you to connect with your customers and teammates as a human being.
- There’s opportunity for learning, promotion, and pay increases.
- You’ll have the opportunity to design artwork for screenprinting and embroidery and to work with our team to create beautiful designs for our website, our blog, and our social media channels.
- You’ll expand your skills in apparel design, have the opportunity to create a lot of great art, and of course you’ll get some sweet free t-shirts. ;)
Qualities and Skills We Are Looking For:
- The ability to effectively collaborate with different people and teams in order to help our customers and help each other.
- Strong typing skills, typing at least 45+ words per minute without typos or delay. The ability to take active notes on all projects.
- Concise writing that contains a strong, clear voice. You proofread your work to benefit your audience.
- An insatiable curiosity and knowledge about all things apparel design and how it can delight people. You’re a fast learner and are excited to learn about new ideas, concepts, and technologies.
- True empathy and people skills.
- You’re organized, work quickly, and complete projects on time or early.
- Any one of the following skills:
Marketing: Social, traditional, web. The ability to prepare and implement customer driven marketing campaigns that directly lead to warm leads and sales (knowledge and experience with marketing and copywriting.
Web Development: Front-end web design and/or back-end web development with an understanding of CSS and HTML.
Formal Education: College Degree (B.A., B.S., Associates, or other equivalent)
Required technology: We work remotely across Pennsylvania and surrounding states. For this position you will need the following:
- An office or workspace where you can close the door and that is completely quiet.
- A consistent High-speed internet connection that is able to handle video calls with multiple people and other high-bandwidth tasks without slowing down or lagging. (Minimum internet speed requirements, Download speed of 20 Mbps & Upload speed of 2 Mbps)
- A great webcam - for video conferences
- Computer (Mac or PC) that is modern, up to date, fast, dependable and able to handle anything you throw at it. (Minimum computer specifications, 8GB of Ram and A fast Intel or AMD Athlon processor, hard-drive with at least 300GB of open internal computer storage (not an external hard-drive)
- A high-quality and up-to-date smartphone with a data plan (minimum of 2GB+ a month) with great reception in your home office.
Required graphic design software including: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Version CS6 or higher (preferably Creative Cloud)
Experience with the following technology tools preferred: Google Apps - Gmail, Drive, Docs, Calendar, and Dropbox.
Experience with or willingness to quickly learn the following social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and any other social media platforms that can help you engage and connect with customers.
Time requirement: You’re excited to spend a minimum of 10-20 hours per week on designing for 2 Teachers T-Shirts (excluding vacations, illness, and family emergencies).The more great work you do, the more opportunities will be extended to you. Turnaround times are fast and require professionalism and communication with your teammates.